Giving at Church
We encourage all of those who are part of our Church family to give—not out of obligation but out of a spirit of worship. Your gifts allow God's work to be done in our midst, in our community, and in the world around us.
Securely Give Online
Your information is held securely by an SSL encrypted connection. This information will remain private and will never be given away to third parties, other than to process your scheduled contributions.
Ways to Give
There are many easy ways for you to give, including one-time gifts, text-to-give, online recurring giving and, of course, during worship services. See below for more information.
Why We Give
"In every way I’ve shown you that by laboring like this, it is necessary to help the weak and to keep in mind the words of the Lord Jesus, for He said, ‘It is more blessed to give than to receive.’ ” Acts 20:35
ways to give
- Give Online through secure EFT (Electronic Funds Transfer)
- Text2Give: Text2Give makes it easy to give by simply text an amount to our Text2Give number. To register, click here or text "REGISTER" to 817-203-2774. More information on Text2Give can be found online here.
- Fill out a pledge card and return it to the church office or pledge online using the form found further down on this page.
- Contact Mary Lobban at 817-274-2571 or for more information on how to give online or in person.
Other giving opportunities
- Youth Stock Sales: Your support and investment in our youth ministry enable our youth go on three trips during the summer to share the love of God - the Junior High Mission Trip, Senior High Mission Trip, and the annual Testament Choir Tour. To help raise funds for these trips, the youth sell stocks every year. Stocks are $25 each - you can purchase one or as many as you'd like! Thank you for your support of our fantastic youth!
- Prayer Garden Brick Pavers: Would you like to remember or honor someone with a marker at FUMCA? Consider funding an engraved brick paver for the prayer garden. All net proceeds go to the FUMC Church Facilities Endowment Fund. Contact Mary Lobban for more information.
from our senior pastor:
There seem to be so many things in our life and in our world that weigh us down. The news cycle, personal finances, keeping up with other people, busy schedules all seem to burden us from time to time. God wants us to be able to break free from these things that keep us from fully living the life that God intends for us and wants us to find the joy and peace that only comes from Jesus Christ.
One of the most effective ways we can break free from these things is by committing ourselves in generous giving as we live into the words of Christ who taught that “where our treasure is there our heart will be as well”(Matthew 6:21). So many of you give generously and know the joy and hope that it is to live from a place of abundance, truly using your gifts and belongings for God’s ministries. Over this past year, your generosity through FUMC of Arlington has made it possible for us to see more and more people in worship, connect with more children and youth, and reach out into our community with the love of Christ. I am so thankful for all of your gifts that have made these things possible, but we have so much work left to do.
For 2020, I deeply pray that we might break free from the constraints of our worldly possessions and feelings of financial scarcity and offer our money and time so that our church can be the hands and feet of Christ in even more ways, to even more people. I envision a church family where we are clearly communicating with people of all ages and backgrounds that they are loved by God and by our church as we strive to truly “love our neighbor as ourselves” (Mark 12:31). In addition, I dream about how we can better “love the Lord our God with all of our heart, mind, soul, and strength” (Mark 12:30) through vibrant worship and life-long discipleship – becoming more like Jesus every day.
It is only by your gifts and generosity that we will be able to offer the ministries of love and grace to the congregation we love and the community/world around us. I pray that you might consider how you can participate in that exciting opportunity. If you have not given regularly before, I urge you to consider giving a percentage of your income back to God (even if it is only 2% to begin with) and see how offering your gifts to God changes your relationship with material things and changes where your heart ultimately finds itself. If you are already giving, please consider increasing your pledge and giving by a few percentage points so that we can do the new and expanded ministries that God is calling us to be a part of here and now.
When we give generously, we can break free from our culture of more and we can find the true joy and hope that comes from investing in Christ’s love. If you have any questions about generous giving please feel free to contact us any time and prayerfully consider returning the enclosed card with your planned 2020 gift no later than November 24, 2019 so that we can budget and plan for the year to come. Thank you again for your generosity!
Our Vision for 2020
We have four strategic initiatives and goals for 2020. These include:
- Connecting boldly with our community
- Capital improvements to increase our hospitality
- Organizational restructure to energize our ministries
- Family & multi-generational ministry focus
where our giving goes
Below are just a few examples of how our generosity impacts both our congregation and local community throughout the year.
An increase in giving will allow us to not only continue serving our congregation and community through our various ministries and outreach programs, but will allow our FUMC of Arlington to be the hands and feet of Christ in even more ways, to more people.
- 10,000 books given away at the tenth annual Book Carnival
- 800 dozen cookies were baked for Kairos prison ministries, which serves two prisons
- 350+ children attended VBS and other children’s camps throughout the year
- 200 people celebrated our 141st anniversary in July at the Tabernacle Festival with hymns, a circuit rider, and cobbler contest
- Renovations have been made across the building including new HVAC systems, updates to the playground, rebuilt appliances in the kitchen, new light fixtures, and more
- 10 new families added to our First Friday special needs respite program
- 400+ students and their families served at Webb through Trunk or Treat
- 600 people in attendance at the annual children’s musical
- Generous giving allows our evangelism team to reach out to the community and welcome them to FUMCA
- 13 college students sang with us through the scholarship singer ministry
- A wheelchair ramp and new porch were built for a local 12-year-old student. Many other mission and outreach projects were funded as well
- 3 new high density Wi-Fi access points were installed, in addition to upgraded internet services, for easier staff, congregation, and guest communications
- Giving allows us to purchase new music, curriculum, and more for our children & family ministries which helps to grow this vital area of our church.