Ushering is a great opportunity to serve guests and our First Church family! In addition to being a welcoming face, you'll also help in checking in and seating folks so we can ensure that we are worshiping as safely as possible at this time.
Other ushering duties can include:
- Be available to meet people as they enter the worship space and then assist them
throughout the service.
- Identify newcomers, ask their names, answer their questions and help them with items to
make them comfortable.
- Offer to escort people to restrooms, childcare facilities, and other areas of the church they
need to find.
- Offer assistance with finding seats; ask members to make way for guests.
- Assist with preparing the worship area and help keep it looking presentable.
If you're interested in being an usher on Sunday mornings, contact Sean Hale.