Upcoming Outreach & Mission Trips
*Please contact Michelle Clark, mission and outreach coordinator, to register to for any of the below events.
ADULT MISSION TRIPS
February 2016 | Liberia Mission Trip
The purpose of this trip is to help complete construction on the Kaymah H. Warner New Hope Academy located 25 miles northwest of Monrovia (the capital). The trip will last approximately two weeks. Costs TBD but will include airfare and lodging at the Methodist guest house. Fundraising will be offered and some scholarship money will also be available.
LENT MISSION PROJECTS
Meals on Wheels
- First United Methodist Church of Arlington has been a distribution site for Meals on Wheels for many years and VOLUNTEERS and SUBSTITUTES are always needed to help deliver meals. Learn more about volunteering here.
- Beginning on Ash Wednesday and culminating on Easter, congregation members are being challenged to give up eating out once a week and donating that money to Meals on Wheels.
- Children, youth, and anyone else who would like to donate, will be focusing on collecting DRY dog and cat food. This is a need through Meals on Wheels that was brought to their attention when volunteers realized that elderly clients were giving their pets half of their food to keep them alive. Because human food is not always the best for pets AND the pets give the clients love and companionship, MOW began distributing pet food along with the meals.
Little Dresses for Africa
- Guest Speaker, Beth Hale, on Sunday, March 13 at 9:30 a.m. in the Banquet Room. She will share her testimony about travelling to Kenya to deliver dresses to an orphanage and give us inspiration about our dress making project during Lent. Seating is limited to 100, so please come early and let Michelle Clark know if your Sunday School class will attend.
- Monday, March 21 at 7 p.m. Sewers will gather in the Banquet Room to sew together dresses for young ladies in orphanages in Africa. Learn more here.