Enrichment Center for Young Children (ECYC) is a ministry of the First United Methodist Church of Arlington. As a form of outreach to the community, it is designed to provide young children, ages six weeks through pre-k, with creative and Christ-centered learning experiences.
For more information, contact us at ECYC@arlingtonmethodist.org or at 817.274.3404
ECYC offers an atmosphere of love in which children are allowed to develop social, motor, verbal and spiritual skills at their own maturation level. We recognize each child as a unique individual created by God. Our facilities include the Great Hall (a multi-purpose recreational center), our Chapel and two age-appropriate playgrounds in addition to our classrooms.
The Enrichment Center is governed by a church appointed board and is administered by the director and administrative staff.
Programs and Policies
- Infant and Toddler Program - ECYC accepts infants at six weeks old with a doctor's release. Our young babies and toddlers are very special to use and are cared for in a loving, nurturing environment.
- Blue Jays Program - Children who have reached age two at the beginning of the school year will be placed in a Blue Jays class.
- Pre-K 3 Program - Children who have reached age three at the beginning of the school year will be placed in a Pre-K 3 class.
- Pre-K 4 Program - Children who have reached age three at the beginning of the school year will be placed in a Pre-K 4 class.
Enrollment in any class will be for the full year. All children advance to the next program in mid-August with the start of the new school year. Exceptions for placement will be considered on an individual basis.
- Communication between parents, teachers and staff is vital for the best care for your child.
- Each day, parents of infants, toddlers and two-year-olds will receive a report on their child. We encourage you to discuss these reports with your child’s teacher.
- One daily report for each of the older classes will be posted outside their classroom.
- Our program policies are designed with each child’s safety and security in mind. Our staff is trained to redirect children engaged in inappropriate behaviors. Teachers also positively reinforce the appropriate behaviors through verbal praise and other appropriate means.
- ECYC also strives to ensure the safety of our children through the presence of our security guard, as well as through the use of door codes, which grant each individual family access to the facility.