Stephen Ministry is a program that equips lay persons to provide distinctively Christian-based spiritual care for persons who are experiencing illness, grief, divorce, aging and other life difficulties. Matthew 25:40, "Just as you did it to one of the least of these who are members of my family, you did it for me." is their inspiration. Stephen Minister participates in a minimum of 50 hours of training that equips them to provide one-on-one confidential care and support. Once commissioned by the church in a worship service, Stephen Ministers participate in monthly supervision and education sessions.
Stephen Ministers show up, they care, they provide confidential care.
What Does a Stephen Minister Do?
First United Methodist Church of Arlington Stephen Ministers
- Visit folks in care centers
- Visit folks who are homebound
- Provide one-on-one care for people who are grieving, in a job crisis, divorcing, lonely, aging and other life transitions
Request a Stephen Minister
Individuals may request a Stephen Minister by contacting the church office at 817.274.2571.
Become a Stephen Minister
Individuals, who wish to become a Stephen Minister, please contact the church office for an application. For information about training content, call the church office 817. 274.2571.
For further information on Stephen Ministries, please visit the main Stephen Ministries website. You will have access to four short videos describing the many dimensions of Stephen Ministries, including both receiving and giving care.
- Getting me plugged into my church
- Refusing to give up on me
- I can tell him anything (confidentially)
- I connected with God in a way I never felt before